RCBO 2 Pole 6kA Split Toggle
RCBO 2 Pole 6kA Split Toggle
$97.60 – $247.00
RCBOs are commonly used in applications where there is a need to combine protection against over currents (overload and short-circuit) and protection against dangerous earth leakage currents. RCBOs help by sensing these kinds of faults and quickly tripping the circuit to off ensuring complete protection of people and connected electrical equip?ment.
A Residual current operated Circuit Breaker with Overcurrent protection (RCBO?s) automatically switch off an electrical circuit during an ab?normal condition of the network. This could be either an overload condition as well as faulty or short circuit condition or this could be a network fault causing an imbalance between the power going in to a circuit and coming out of a circuit. The unit assumes the imbalance is an Earth Leakage fault in the electrical system and switch off the circuit to prevent electrocution causing injury or death.? RCBO?s provide a combined overcurrent and earth leakage protection in the one device. They are used in low voltage electrical networks instead of using a fuse. The RCBO can detect over current, short circuit and earth leakage conditions in a more re?liable way. RCBO is more sensitive to an overcurrent condition than a fuse. Handling an RCBO is electrically safer than a fuse. Quick restoration of supply is safer and quicker when compared with a fuse because a fuse must be re-wired or replaced in order to restore the power supply. With RCBOs), restoration is easily possible by just switching the toggle back to the ON position.
MerCs range of 2Pole RCBOs is unique in that the switch/toggle is a split switch and can help to identify the type of fault and/or the reason the units has tripped.
- The handle of this RCBO has advanced Central Stay Function, this helps to indicate to the electrician/operator what has caused the RCBO to be tripped OFF. (i.e. Human hand or auto trip in fault condition. )
- When the handle stays in central position after tripping and the indicating windows shows GREEN, it means the RCBO has tripped off because it has detected a circuit fault.
- Human operation can only move the handle to full ON or full OFF position.
- If both sides of the toggle are tripped to off, this indicates an earth leakage fault.
- If the right side only of the toggle is tripped to off, this indicates an over current or short circuit fault.
- These functions help the operator to know what type of fault has caused the RCBO to trip and may help the electrician to identify and find a fault and more quickly repair the cause of the fault.
- Over Current and Short Circuit Protection
- Protection from electrocution (Earth Leakage)
- Can function as circuit isolation
- Compliant with: IEC 61009-1:2010+A1:2012+A2:2013+corr1:2014 used in conjunction with IEC 61009-2-2:1991
- Unique Split switch/toggle function (see below)
- 2 Pole